National Dance Forum 2015
The 2015 National Dance Forum will be the third annual forum and will focus on the inherent concerns and realities affecting current professional practice in Australia.
National Dance Forum invites Australian dancers, makers, researches, writers, directors, producers, advocates and educators to participate in the most significant platform for dialogue across the Australian contemporary dance sector.
When: Thursday 19 to Saturday 21 March 2015
Where: Footscray Community Arts Centre, Melbourne
NDF2015 takes place in conjunction with Dance Massive.
In 2015 the National Dance Forum seeks to
- instigate intelligent and insightful engagement between Australian dancers, makers, researchers, writers, producers, advocates and educators
- create the most significant platform for dialogue across the Australian contemporary dance sector
- connect Australian artists with local, national and international communities
- recognise the responsibility to acknowledge the past whilst asking important questions about the future of Australian dance practice
- provide an immersive, participatory experience, offering delegates a rich and valuable opportunity to inspire new ideas and/or refresh existing ones in an environment tailored to complement the unique qualities of the dance sector.
With this in mind, NDF2015 will address the inherent concerns and realities affecting current professional practice in Australia and will be framed by three specific lines of focus
- Transforming the form: changing structures and their effects
- The subtleties and nuances of innovation.
- Discourse: How is dance written about, spoken about and communicated?
Ausdance NSW will be taking a number of NSW Artists to the 2015 Dance Forum to participate and present on behalf of the NSW Dance Community.