Dance Artists In Residence 2020
2020 will see an exciting new program of DAIR, thanks to funding from the Australia Council for the Arts. Read more about our DAIR 2020 program, including our Funded Round, here!
Applications for DAIR 2020 Funded Round are now closed. DAIR Ongoing opening in 2020.
Ausdance NSW's Dance Artist in Residence Program (DAIR) offers space residencies at various host venues for members of Ausdance NSW who are independent dance artists, collectives or companies. DAIR is a direct response to the ongoing challenges of access to affordable and appropriate spaces to dance artists for the development of dance making and practice. DAIR activities may involve creative development, research, mentorship, rehearsal and remounting of work. Applicants can apply for a residency of one or two weeks.
To be eligible, primary applicants should be NSW based and an Ausdance NSW member, however, collaborators may be interstate or internationally based. Click here to become a member.
DAIR recipients receive:
- Residency space at host venue
- Pre-residency planning support from Ausdance NSW
- Administrative support from Ausdance NSW for the showing of work during residency (if required)
- Promotion of artist/residency through Ausdance NSW e-news and social media
- A studio visit from Ausdance NSW during the residency
- Applicants can apply for both rounds but may only be successful in one round per year.
- Applicants may apply for up to two weeks residency.