Applications now Open
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NAISDA DANCE COLLEGE AUSDANCE NSW INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM FIRST NATIONS DANCE ARTISTS
This round invites early, mid and established artists to apply to receive space in kind as well as up to $1000 stipend per week.
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.
Please note to be eligible for a DAIR you must be based in NSW and an Ausdance member. Read more information for Applicants here.
- Tuesday 14 April - Friday 17 April 2020 (Studio is closed on easter Monday)
- Monday 20 April - Friday 24 April 2020
Applications are open for 1 - 2 week residencies.
Applications open now
Closing Sunday 9 December
ALL DAIR FUNDED ROUND RECIPIENTS RECEIVING THE FOLLOWING:
Stipend of up to $1000 per week or to cover:
- Travel, accommodation and food expenses if required
- Per diems for dancers if required
- Production equipment hires such as cameras/projectors/sound equipment
- A mentor (an experienced Australian Choreographer/Artist) to offer support, guidance and feedback. They will visit the residency at least once during the DAIR and communicate with the recipient before and throughout the DAIR.
- A studio visit from Ausdance NSW (1 per residency) for feedback and to prepare a feature article for the ENews.
- Feature article in the Ausdance ENews on completion of the DAIR
- A feedback session with Ausdance NSW after the DAIR.
- Social media marketing of artists and venue partners.
- Performance at an end of funded round sharing event for all funded DAIRs to share their work.
- Inclusion in an end of round report to be printed and given to stakeholders.
NAISDA Dance College (First Nations Artist)
NAISDA Dance College is Australia’s premier Indigenous training college with a proud tradition of producing the next generation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander performers since 1976. The NAISDA dance studio has sprung floors, acoustic isolation, ballet barres and mirrors, a high-level truss for physical theatre training and high-quality sound systems. This residency is open to first nations artists only. The residency includes access to studio space as well as a common room, tea / coffee facilities, changerooms and free wifi.
This residency invites First Nations artists, from emerging, mid or established career stages. Independent dance artists, collectives, collaborators and companies of any dance genre are invited to submit an application.
Please note that this is a regional residency, based in Gosford's Mount Penang Gardens on the Central Coast of New South Wales. Recipients are required to budget their grant accordingly to include transport, accommodation, food and supplies. Please discuss your access needs with Ausdance staff prior to application.