The Australian Dance Council - Ausdance NSW Inc
Ausdance as an organisation has been around for 37 years. Ausdance NSW was established in 1986 as the dedicated service provider for dance in the state.
Funded principally by the NSW government through the Arts NSW it is the key support and advocacy body for dance creation, presentation and participation across the state. Its portfolio of projects spans the fields of professional development, regional and community involvement, education, and social inclusion.
Part of the national Ausdance network, which has offices in most states and territories, Ausdance NSW is committed to raising the profile of dance within the state and to gaining recognition for NSW based companies and artists both nationally and internationally.
To create, support and promote opportunities for dance in NSW and invest in its ongoing development.
- To champion innovation, creativity and diversity in dance
- To advocate and demonstrate high standards of professionalism in the dance industry
- To mobilise cooperation in support of dance development
- To promote dance creation, presentation and participation
- To promote the interaction of NSW dance within the national and international arenas
- Ensure the stability and sustainability of the organisation
Ausdance NSW is assisted by the NSW Government through Arts NSW