Ausdance NSW will be saying farewell to Associate Producer, Remi Harvey after over 3 years with the organisation.
We thank Remi for her hard work and dedication throughout her time at Ausdance NSW, including working with many of our members and her hard work behind the scenes. Remi is moving onto a new and exciting role in another arts organisation for the next step in her career. We wish Remi all the best in her new role and for all future endeavors.
We are now looking for a Membership Engagement and Marketing Coordinator to join the Ausdance NSW team. This person will be the first point of contact at Ausdance NSW and will be working closely with Projects and Programs Manger, Kate Maguire-Rosier.
Key Responsibilities of the Membership Engagement and Marketing Coordinator include:
- Being the key contact of Ausdance NSW, answering phone and email enquiries as well as from Facebook and Instagram.
- Processing all memberships (free and paid) using the database CiviCRM.
- Work with Projects and Programs manager to develop content including (but not limited to) video, photography, images and creative copy.
- Implement all planned social media activity and supervise representation of all appropriate Ausdance NSW activities across social and digital channels.
- Manage the maintenance and updating of the company's website.
- Draft regular eNewsletters, including marketing copy and imagery to ensure they are correct and reflect the Ausdance NSW brand.
- Assist collecting data and compiling reports to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Drive memberships and communicate with members on enquiries about many different topics.
- Keep Ausdance NSW team and dance sector updated on COVID 19 restrictions, seeking clarification where needed.
- Taking minutes for board meetings.
- All other general administration duties to assist in the smooth running of Ausdance NSW.
Applications close: COB Friday 1st October 2021
Ausdance NSW’s Executive Director (ED) Michelle Silby will be leaving the role after nine years of strong leadership, growth, and commitment to the organisation and the dance sector.
We are looking for an incoming Executive Director with a passion for dance to lead our organisation, representing our mission and purpose on behalf of our valued members, the sector, and partners both government and philanthropic to ensure the organisation's sustainability in the future. The position will be appointed ASAP on a part-time 3 day per week basis.
At the heart of our work is engagement with our members, who make up many aspects of the dance sector. The Executive Director will be a strategic thinker and high-level communicator across the sector and our many varied partners.
Some of Ausdance NSW's successes in recent years include:
- Leading the creation of Birrang – ‘Expanding Aboriginal Horizons’ 3yr program
- Producing The Australian Dance Awards at Sydney’s iconic Opera House
- Creating DAIR; Dance Artists in Residence Program, running since 2013, which has provided hundreds of artists the opportunity to create and showcase new work
- Developing Big Dance – the largest participatory International free dance festival 2014, 2016, 2018
- Many sector consultations, and subsequent submissions, reports, and ongoing communication to government and funding agencies.