Eligibility, Assessment Criteria, Other notes, Terms and Conditions
- We accept applications from individuals, groups, and collaborations.
- All applicants/collaborators must be Ausdance NSW members at the time of submission and for the duration of the residency.
- Applications from any genre of dance are eligible however DAIR is suitable for dance choreographers and practitioners only (collaborators can be from any artform required by the choreographer).
- If you are applying as an individual or group, you must be a practising artist and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident. If you are a foreign national living or working in Australia and hold a visa other than a permanent residents visa such as a Special Category visa or a Bridging visa, you are not eligible to apply to the DAIR.
- Applicants may apply for one or two-week residencies
- Applications can only be submitted for one residency
- Applicants may apply for up to $1000 stipend per week. The final amount awarded is decided by the panel with the brief budget provided to be taken into consideration. This may include such items as equipment hire, artist/collaborator stipends, travel expenses and meals.
- Your application will be assessed based on merit and response to the selection criteria
- Calibre of artist / collaborating artists
- Clear articulation of conceptual rationale and process
- Benefit to the artist in receiving the DAIR at this point in the development of a work
- If applicable, include a full list of collaborators names in your application
- There may be specific criteria relating to the particular venues, please see information under each venue.
- Artists applying for Art in Motion or Alstonville are responsible for their own travel including flights, accommodation, and appropriate insurances. This can be included within your budget.
- Each artist/collaborator is responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs
For successful applicants:
- Each artist/collaborator must have their own Public Liability Insurance, this must be submitted to Ausdance NSW with your signed letter of offer
- Successful recipients agree to participate in the end of residency group sharing scheduled for June 25, 2019 at ReadyMade Works
- Recipients must submit a short acquittal document at the end of their residency. This will be sent to you with Letter of Offer
Application Terms & Conditions
I have the authority to submit my application and by submitting this application acknowledge and agree to the following:
- The statements in this application are true to the best of my knowledge and the supporting material is my own work or the work of the artists named in this application.
- Funding decisions - The assessment panel may decide not to fund your application, or not fund it at the amount requested.
- Support material - Ausdance NSW has licence to reproduce and communicate the support material submitted for the purpose of assessing my application. If any support material submitted includes the copyright of another person, you will have obtained this permission from the owner of that copyright.
- Submitting your application - Late submissions will not be accepted.
I further acknowledge I will not be able to modify, correct or update any other part of my application once I have submitted it. Ausdance NSW is not obliged to accept any material submitted by me after the closing date or take such material into consideration when assessing my application.
- Feedback - Feedback on applications is not provided. Only general feedback on the round will be provided to applicants.
- Personal Information - By submitting this application, you agree to Ausdance NSW collecting personal information about you. You also agree you have permission to provide personal information about other individuals included in this application.
By providing this information, you confirm that you have read and consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Statement.