COVID-19 GUIDANCE NOTES
THESE GUIDANCE NOTES AIM TO:
- Detail ways to comply safely to government requirements
- This guidance is opt-in– dance sector professionals do not need to operate in accordance with these notes. It is for guidance and support of the sector in NSW only.
NOTE: Dance practitioners and businesses must follow NSW work health and safety guidelines including registering a COVID Safety Plan. While these notes have been developed with industry peers and collaboration for the purposes of guiding dance activity for the sector back to operation, entities are to follow best practice recommendations which are relevant to their specific operations and circumstances.
The purpose of the re-opening in dance document is to assist in the safe return to dance activity in the state of NSW and provide guidance to planning safety measures taken by the dance community to manage a safe return to artistic, business and community activities. Dance activities considered when writing these guidance notes include but are not limited to:
- All dance genres and practices
- Professional dance training, performance, and competitions and company rehearsals
- Recreational and pre-professional dance training and performance including dance competitions
- Classes and training for children and adults
- Artist-run initiatives and activities
These notes aim to assist the dance sector in adapting their practices and operations to ensure compliance with government directives for COVID-19 preparedness and safety.
These notes have been developed in conjunction with:
- Return to Dance: Principles and Framework for Returning to dance post COVID-19 (Ausdance National)
- Industry COVID Safe Plan for Dance and Physical Performing Arts (Ausdance QLD)
- The Australian Institute for Sport Toolkit
- Current NSW health advice
NOTE: This is a live document, for the most up to date version, please download the one with the most current date.
Updated Wednesday 5 August 2020 – Mask Wearing in Dance
In collaboration with Dr. Jason Lam, the Crichton Dance Medicine Fellow at the Australian Ballet and Orchestra Victoria, Ausdance NSW has published additional guidance for wearing a mask in dance.
We would like to thank Dr. Lam and his colleagues for their expert advice specific to the dance sector.
Ausdance NSW is the key support & advocacy body, for the creation, presentation and practice of dance in NSW.
Ausdance NSW is part of the Ausdance National Network.
Ausdance acknowledges and respects the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and dance and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.
10 Hickson Road, Level 3, Arts Exchange Buliding, The Rocks, Sydney 2000
02 8076 9480
ABN 36 824 207 095