COVID-19 SECTOR SURVEY
FILL OUT THE SURVEY HERE>>>
LATEST TALLY NATIONWIDE $5.7M TOTAL INCOME LOST
- $7.5 million lost across the country for the dance sector as income
- 277 Responses
- 1326 Workers Impacted
- 41 Projects Lost
- $2 million total project loss
- ‘I’m working on it’ – our community are working on transferring their business and arts practice to adjust to self-isolation.
LATEST TALLY NSW $2M TOTAL INCOME LOST
- $2 million total lost income
- 63 Responses (we need more!!)
- 256 Workers Impacted
- 10 Identify as Regional
- 4 Identify as First Nations
- $7,076 Average Pre-COVID Monthy Income
- $1,712 Average Post-COVID Monthly Income
- $4,071 Pre-COVID Independent Monthly Project Income
- 31.75 % Educator/teacher
- 28.57% Dance Business
- 15.87% Independent Artist
- 11.11% Other
- 6.35% Dance Professional
- 1.59% Dance Supplier or Service
- Remaining, Student or Administrator or Manager
- Over 50% do not have other sources of income outside of dance
Ausdance National COVID-19 Impact Survey for the Dance Sector:
This survey provides an understanding of the immediate and medium-term needs of dance professionals in order to develop sector-specific responses to the impact of COVID-19.
Ausdance as a collective body is collecting state and national data to help support the sector during this difficult time. We need strong sector-specific data to inform and lobby for solutions. Ausdance is working both for members and the broader dance community and welcomes your input at this challenging time.
Please note: this survey is currently being channelled through Ausdance Queensland who have been working with professionals in the industry and with the Ausdance network as this branch was best positioned to do so at this point in time. However, the survey is national and we ask all dance professionals based in Australia to complete it.
Before completing this form please read our policy on data collection and sharing.